Monday, August 11, 2008

Emily: My sweet bunny girl




Some of you may already be aware that last Thursday (August 7, 2008) we lost our precious Flemish Giant Rabbit Emily. Emily would have been five years old this coming November. She suddenly became very ill with renal failure that wasn't due to infection, and there was nothing medically we could do. We received news of the vets diagnosis Wednesday night, and made the extraordinarilly difficult decision to have her euthanized. As I gently stroked her soft fur and comforted her through the tremors that her body was having, she gave me her last kisses and ground her teeth before she went to sleep peacefully around 2:45 in the afternoon last Thursday. We had her cremated and will keep her ashes in a bunny shaped box.

Needless to say, I'm am extremely sad and miss her very much. Emily was Pete and my first pet together, and was very much like a baby to me. I am overwhelmed by emotions when I think or talk about her, and it will take time before I'm able to discuss her life and death rationally. I need space and time to grieve and thank you in advance for providing that to me.

No comments: