Saturday, May 27, 2006

Alex's Big Boy Bed



Friday my parents came out and brought the majority my brother's old bedroom suite for Alex. I got him a new set of twin sheets, a mattress pad and a vinyl mattress protector (just in case) and laundered the Mickey Mouse comforter that was mine when I was a teenager. We made a special trip to Sam's to get a new twin size mattress, and Alex's big boy bed was complete. Friday night was his first night to sleep in his new bed, and although he did wake up once around 1 A.M., he did really well. We pulled the trundle bed out a couple of feet so that in case he rolled off he would land on another mattress. We plan to get him a rail so that we don't have to worry about an accident. When he woke up Saturday morning, I asked him if he liked his big boy bed and he said, "yes" and then I asked him if he wanted to go back into the crib, and he said, "no". I guess it's official ... Alex is now a big boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I know how big that bed is (and it isn't big) but the little guy makes it look HUGE!

Glad to hear he's adjusting well to being a "big boy".